Hello ! Supergreens !

Options
Clare43
Clare43 Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone !

I’ve had RA for 57 years ( now 63) and loads of joint replacements and whilst I keep going fairly cheerily there are times when I get a bit weary of it all . So it’s nice to know that there is a support network .

I’ve been bombarde on Facebook with adverts for Rheal supergreen concoctions and I was wondering what your opinion was ……are they any good and do they help with general well being ?

TIA Clare

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,633
    Options

Hi @Clareehill welcome to the online community.

I am very pleased that after 57 years of Rheumatoid Arthritis you are joining us🙂 I am sure you will have a wealth of experience to share with people here.

I can't use facebook enough as I had never hear of those supergreens! Hopefully some of our members have though.

While you are waiting I will add a couple of links on the subject of diet, nutrition and Arthritis:

I will be watching this thread myself to see what others have to say.

I also hope you will decide to continue to post and share some of your own experience.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• jonr
    jonr Member Posts: 398
    Options

Hi - this is only a personal opinion but I think it's down to how any individual wants to get veggie foods into their bodies, either as a drink, as part of a meal or as a supplement (capsule).

Spinach, kale, broccoli are great sources for vitamins E and C. Vitamin E works to protect the body against pro-inflammatory molecules. Vitamin C helps the body make collagen, which is a major component of cartilage that aids in joint flexibility. Other good veggies are onions and garlic, then there's nuts, green tea, berries and olive oil plus Omega-3 rich fatty fish so quite a lot to choose from.

My own view is I feel that some goodness is likely lost in the preparation of these "supergreen" drinks and they're expensive so I generally buy them raw to be steamed and included as part of a meal a few times a week.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options

Hi @Clare43

Nice to meet you. I also hope you'll decide to keep posting I think you would be able to help so many of us here with your experience of RA😊

I am vegan so tend to eat my veg most days without toooo much trouble and think probably it is better fresher, but if you struggle to get enough greens and you can afford it then it's got to be up to you. I'm a lot more bothered about the snake oil sellers who try to convince us to part with huge sums of money for fake cures. This doesn't sound like that at all.

If you do give it a go do let us know how you get on.

Take care

Toni x

• Clare43
    Options

I agree , I’m pretty good at getting fresh veg but was curious about this particular brand having read their background . I would never use it as a substitute for all the fruit and veg I get delivered from my local greengrocer or Riverford but might consider trying it at some point . 😍

• Clare43
    Options

Oh ! I’ve bags of experience of RA 😍Loads of drug treatments and a sackful of new joints ! I’m still learning though and find this site very helpful - especially useful over lockdown was the ‘Let’s Move With Leon’ exercises . I’d still like to bring myself up to date with RA in this day and age I think 😍