OA both hips

Options
Grandma64
Grandma64 Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

After 4 long years of doctors not listening I have just been diagnosed with OA of both my hips. Still having tests and waiting for MRI, also waiting to seen surgeon about double hip replacement.

Comments

• CarylW
    CarylW Member Posts: 274
    Options

Hello @Grandma64

I am glad you have found our online community and I hope you get some good comments from our friendly and supportive members.

I understand that you have osteoarthritis in both hips and are waiting for more tests and to discuss surgery.

I am posting below some links to our website which I hope will be helpful:

Do keep posting and let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Caryl

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,742
    edited 11. Mar 2023, 23:26
    Options

Welcome to this lovely forum. I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis. It took a while for people to get to the bottom of my wonky hips too, and by the time they did, it was already so bad I needed one of them replacing. The other one is workable for now.

They usually use X-ray to diagnose bone degeneration, MRI (I understand, correct me if wrong) is better for soft tissue problems. I hope your appointment comes soon so they can start putting the right treatment programme in place for you. Meanwhile, do keep posting on here, lots of experience on pain management, exercising to support hips (which also aids recovery) and the whole surgical experience.