Hello

Options
Kerenza68
Kerenza68 Member Posts: 15
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi there,

I'm 54 and have been having severe knee pain for 2 years. I have fibromyalgia so initially put it down to that. A year ago I hobbled to see my gp and he thought it was ligaments and offered to give a steroid injection into the joints. Omg it was like magic! I was like Tigger bouncing up and down, unfortunately it only lasted 3 months. I was then sent to see a physio who said it could be a touch of OA so she gave me some exercises and booked me in for x-rays. To be honest she made me feel like I was being a drama queen because I struggled to lift my leg onto a chair.

6 weeks later I went back to a suddenly very sympathetic physiotherapist. All parts of both knees have arthritis in them, basically I'm at the stage of needing new knees. Unfortunately due to other health issues, an operation isn't on the cards. I was already on sevadyne patches but now have oramorph as well plus capsican cream and have just started pregabilin. The past week has been hell, I don't know if it's the weather making it worse but I can't "work through the pain" just now. It's so frustrating because I don't look ill and it feels like people don't believe just how much it hurts. I have an amazing dr who is doing all he can to help but there's only so many medications he can offer. I was thinking about hydrotherapy but have no idea how to get in and out of the pool!

Anyway I promise I'm not usually on such a downer and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Comments