Sero negative inflammatory arthritis

Options
Hsu096
Hsu096 Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hello everyone, my 31 year old daughter has just been diagnosed with sero negative inflammatory arthritis. She was initially commenced on prednisolone 30mg, she was given a regime to cut them down. As soon as she got to 15mg, she began experiencing the pain etc. she was commenced on methotrexate and folic acid. , today will be her 4th week on them. She had the X-ray, lungs are fine but it did show that she has cardiomegaly (enlarged heart). As you can all imagine we are worried sick.

my question is : has anyone got RA and enlarged heart?

thank you in advance

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317
    Options

Hello @Hsu096

Welcome to the online community and thank you for joining us. I hope that you will find us to be a friendly bunch.

So your daughter was diagnosed with sero negative inflammatory arthritis and was initially started on prednisolone. When she got down to 15mg the pain started to get worse so she started on methotrexate and folic acid. She has had a x-ray which showed that her lungs were fine but showed that she has an enlarged heart which is very worrying for you all.

It must be very hard for you to see your daughter going through so much and feeling like there isnt anything you can do but I assure you, just being there to listen to her and hold her hand at this time will be doing wonders for her. It is a very difficult and concerning time for you all but she is in good hands with her health providers. Ive attached some information below for you to have a look through as well as our helpline number which I think will be of a great help to you at this point in time. The helpline is open Monday to Friday and really do recommend giving them a call so you can have a chat with someone who can talk you through your worries.

Im also sure that once the other members who have experience of what your daughter is going through and the recent heart news will comment answering your question as soon as they can, so do keep having a look back.

Please let us know how you are all doing and how your daughter is getting on. Please do also keep getting involved in the community. Its a great way of making friends and finding support for both you and your daughter.

Take care

Anne (Moderator)

• Nfk_gal0617
    Nfk_gal0617 Member Posts: 39
    Options

Hi HSU 096, Just to say Hi at a very worrying time. Having watched and lived with my daughter go through 2 years chemo for cancer many years ago. ( she is o.k. and came out the other side) I can sympythise how difficult it is to watch your daughter in pain, as a mother you feel so helpless. Hopefully her younger age will get her treatment a little quicker than us oldies.

Take care, Nfk gal

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,633
    Options

This is a search I did for 'enlarged heart' @Hsu096

Don't know if it helps I don't see much recent.

My best wishes

Ellen.