dd161252
dd161252 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi, my name is Dave, I live in Weston-super-Mare and I am full time carer for my wife who has severe osteoarthritis throughout her body, she has had many operations on her spine with metal prosthetics implanted, one leg has been arthrodesed and an orthopaedic nail fitted, the other has a knee replacement which requires remedial surgery. Her spinal implants have broken down and basically the surgeons are not prepared to carry out any further corrective surgery. She lives in constant excruciating pain and takes large amounts of pain relief including huge doses of opiates. We are virtually housebound and I am hoping to see what kind of help may be available

Post edited to remove surname - Anna ( Moderator)

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 968
    edited 21. Mar 2023, 16:19

Hello Dave @dd161252 and a warm welcome to the online community,

As a full-time carer for your wife who has severe osteoarthritis, I’m sure you’ll find many supportive and friendly members who understand the challenges that your wife faces living with osteoarthritis, and also understand the challenges of being her carer. All our members have lived with some form of arthritis and between all the members, there’s a wealth of experience about how we can live our best lives.

You might be interested in having a look at the link below about living with arthritis. As well as information about support that’s available, there’s a section at the end with advice and information for carers.

Do have a look round the forum and join in any conversation that interests you, or ask any questions you may have. The Living with Arthritis section is a good place to start to find discussions on all aspects of living with arthritis.

Best wishes,

Anna ( Moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm