Newly diagnosed psoriatic arthritis
Hi everyone, what a great site! Lots of information, advice,and personal stories.
I was diagnosed with psa last year and was put on hydroxychloroquine, which sadly I was allergic to, so had to stop after 3 weeks. Shame, as my pain had all but disappeared. Just waiting for my next rheumatology appointment where they are likely to suggest methotrexate.
I have a question with regard to the whole immune system subject. I am usually pretty healthy and don't often get colds etc, and obviously the methotrexate will lower my resistance to illness. I currently take vitamin D and K2 which boost the immune system, so if I carry on taking it, will it work against the DMARDs? Or is it best to continue?
I would be grateful for any advice
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 675 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 14 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 334 Chat and News
- 30 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe