Pain

Options

I have hip osteoarthritis on right side and on list for hip replacement on top of hip ,thigh ,knee and back pain I get painful soles of both my feet does anyone else get this problem ?

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 754
    Options

Hello @slea welcome to the online community

You have OA and are waiting for a hip replacement. You are also experiencing painful soles of your feet and wondered if any members have had this problem.

We are a friendly group who offer support to anyone who is affected by living with arthritis. Some of our members have written detailed diaries of their lives, pre and post hip replacement operations , which you might find interesting. I attach some links which I hope you will find helpful.

When you have a chance to browse round the community you will find a vast range of tips from our members and I hope that you will join us again soon.

Take care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 522
    Options

Hi @slea

I was discussing this at my physio assessment for my hips on Monday strangely enough.

What ends to happen with hip problems, I also have OA in both of my hips, is that we unconsciously alter our style of sitting, lying walking etc to ease our pain which in itself affects our back, knees, ankles, feet etc.

She gave me strict orders to always use both crutches so weight bear evenly , to walk upstairs with my good leg leading and downstairs with my bad leg leading. She also said that if I did decide for whatever reason, to use one crutch it should be on the opposite side the hip which is more painful.

Although she did also order me not to do any exercise until they have my pain under control, at which point she would tell me what to do, a simple stretch alternating on my toes and heels while holding onto something like a table edge could be attempted on good days but in the meantime to try to walk/sit etc as normally as possible and to keep as good a posture as possible remembering the piece of string holding me upright.

Love n hugs

Trish xx