How do you ??.

Options

How do you cope with a massive life change ? How do you accept the change from a normal life to a life where you become a prisoner of your home and bed ? I live alone with no help , my daughter said its not her job to help me , I hardly see my grandchildren anymore and I have no motivation what so ever. How do you want to carry on living ?

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,038
    Options

Hello @Lynzyfitz and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well. You are among new friends now.

Our website has a lot of useful information and I have put a couple of links in below which I hope are of some use to you.

We have a Helpline available see https://www.versusarthritis.org/get-help/ and also have a look at

If you let us know a little more about how arthritis affects you (only what you want to share) then I am sure that others will connect with you to share their support and experience.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and once again welcome,

With best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options

@Lynzyfitz I am sorry your daughter isn't supporting you more, even if not practically, at least bringing your grandchildren over would really help lift your spirits😕

I think in your shoes I would look at maybe joining a local Versus Arthritis group they might be able to help with transport who knows.

I hope you do have some help at home - carers maybe? It's not good for any of us to never see another face apart from the box in the corner. If you need help getting started with getting some practical help you can always contact your local Social Services for advice.

At least here you don't need to leave the house we are always around and up for a chat usually too.

Keep posting and take care ((()))

Toni

• Rontog
    Rontog Member Posts: 4
    Options

I am feeling so proud of myself, I have just walked to the local shops and back with the aid of my stick . For some time I have been afraid to walk from my home in case I fall, but regular exercising with Leon and Janet has given me some of my confidence back. After a sleepless night I don't do much, I just rest, feed myself and join in the VA chat, it does help. My children and grand children are very supportive and keep me ticking over, but I do spend a lot of time alone and have days when I feel the world would be better off without me. All I can say is keep your chin up and keep posting, Take care Lynzyfitz A very happy Easter to all.