Hello 👋.

Options
Susiemayfair
Susiemayfair Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi, I am new and just wanted to introduce myself. I have been diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis in my spine. I have been told that nothing can be done surgically and have been referred to a pain consultant as I am finding it very debilitating in my everyday life. I am sure that I will find some useful information on here so looking forward to getting to know you all. Thanks x

Comments

• Dannii28
    Dannii28 Member Posts: 65
    Options

Hi @Susiemayfair

Welcome to the Online Community Forum, so pleased you have found us, you will find there are lots of resources and information available to you, please feel free to have a look around the website.

I see that you have been suffering with severe osteoarthritis in your spine and have recently and have been referred to a pain consultant.

I have attached a link below regarding OA which you may find useful:

I would also suggest having a look around the other discussions as there might be other members that are going through the same thing as you and be able to share their own advice and experiences.

Let us know how you get on

Dannii (mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options

Hi @Susiemayfair

Welcome to the forum from me too.

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis OA in your spine I am glad at least that you are going to get some help from a pain clinic.

I have had 'back trouble' since I was very young and had surgery in the end a good few years ago now. Only because if I didn't I would have been unable to walk again so the surgeon said. They are very reluctant to do it as obviously there are huge risks.

Plenty of us here have arthritis of one kind or another so will have tips we can offer to help, just ask. This is also a good place to come for a chat and distract ourselves from our pain.

Take care and keep posting

Toni x