Steroid injection a week ago
Hi all, I had a steroid injection into the CMC joint if my thumb under x-ray 10 days ago. It's the first time I've had it done under x-ray, previously they've been done blind (and have apparently caused more damage by being done blind.
My question is, it's more painful than normal, normally the pain goes away after a couple of days once the swelling goes down and the bruising goes. At the minute I'm struggling with it feeling weaker, and the lower half of my arm aches constantly and if I try and use my hands properly then I get sharp pain in my wrist, at the base of my thumb, almost where it bends ( if that makes sense). There's no redness, no bruising, nothing to indicate an infection at all.
Is this normal when it's been done under x-ray? I'm just not used to it and it's bothering me a bit that I've made a mistake having it done.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe