New Member with OA in hands and toes
Hello. I’m new to this site and have been reading some of the posts - it looks to be very useful and supportive. I have osteoarthritis in my hands and big toes. I also have psoriasis and was initially diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, although the diagnosis was changed to OA. I’m slightly nervous that the diagnosis isn’t correct...
Anyway, I have 3 questions that I hope people will comment on.
- does anyone have experience of an RA diagnosis that’s changed to a OA diagnosis?
- has anyone had Cartiva implant surgery in their big toes? Has it worked, reduced pain, made walking easier, and how long has it lasted?
- Finally, footwear. I’m finding shoes tricky to buy; one minute they’re comfortable and the next minute very uncomfortable. Are there any specific makes and models for a woman that people can recommend to help ease pain in the big toe joint?
Thanks for reading, K
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe