I have widespread osteo, fibromyalgia and occasional polymyalgia. My fingers are very stiff and quite painful at times. I am very clumsy and am aware of fingers, thumbs and hands much of the time.
Some months, to treat polymyalgia, I went on (for me) high-dose prednisolone (20mg per day) for a couple of weeks, gradually reducing down to my usual 4mg.
Although the books say that steroids are not indicated for osteo conditions, I found that after a few days, the hands improved dramatically and remained so for a couple of months.
Can anyone else claim they have a similar experience with steroids.
Chins up! Martin G
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 675 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 14 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 334 Chat and News
- 30 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe