Thumb joint replacement surgery

Options
Annettee
Annettee Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

I am awaiting basal joint replacement surgery on both thumbs, however I can find very little info online. My appointment with the surgeon was only 20 minutes long, so there was not really time to ask many questions before he said 'see you on the day'! Is there anyone here who has had similar surgery and who may have some tips and advice on what to expect? Thank you

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 684
    Options

Hi @Annettee

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum. 

You are due to have an operation on your thumbs but have been unable to find much useful information online. You’d like to hear from anyone who has undergone the same operation and has any advice for you. 

I’ve looked through past discussions on the forum and searched our website for specific information on thumb replacement surgery and, like you, have come up with very little. 

Hopefully there will be some forum member who have undergone such surgery and can provide useful input. 

Whilst you await feedback from forum members you may find this link of some use: 

I wish you luck with your operation and the subsequent recovery process.

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Annettee
    Annettee Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thank you Chris. Would you like me to keep a record of how I get on, to help others in the future?

Best wishes, Annette

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,022
    Options

Hello @Annettee that would be useful to others on here. Thank you.

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm