Hands

Options

Good Morning,

I wonder if you can please assist me. I am trying to help my 86 year old Dad, who is suffering with arthritis in his hands. He is finding it increasingly difficult to do every day tasks, particularly in the mornings, until his hands have warmed up and ‘got going’.

Is there anything you would advise please? We have thought about heated gloves but not sure if this would be a good idea? Anything else that would help to warm his hands up and get them going in the mornings?

Many thanks

Comments

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 715
    Options

Hi @JMcC

Has he tried compression gloves? I use these and find it helps - both from the retention of heat and the compression they give. Since they are fingerless and are light he can sleep wearing them.

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 684
    Options

Hi @JMcC,

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum.

You may find this link has some useful information to help your Dad:

I hope you receive some useful feedback.

Best wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 531
    Options

Hi

Thick thermal gloves would help. I have had a pair of fingerless ones for years which are also double thickness and could be worn all day/night. I also put hot hands, or similar, in normal gives when it's really cold and they're cheap if you buy them online. However they may not be suitable as they do get very hot.

Live n hugs

Trish xx

• kenbo
    kenbo Member Posts: 20
    Options

I agree compression gloves overnight or heated gloves during the daytime are what I use. To ease the pain and stiffness in my hands.