private rheumatologist

My son has had the most awful experience with NHS Rheumatology; after a year they are only just starting to initiate medication, leaving him with frequent flare ups. I have now go to the stage where I am considering getting him to see a rheumatologist privately but given his experience over the last year I want him to see a good rheumatology doctor.

Has anyone had experience of seeing someone privately who they considered to be excellent? We live in the east midlands so that would be preferable but basically we are fairly desperate and would consider travelling to other areas. My son is only 24 with learning disabilities and we need help fast.

Thank you



  • noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 952

    Hello @Nell88 and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well

    I understand that you have a 24 year old son with learning difficulties and needs a rheumatology appointment. I hope that others will connect with you to share their support and experiences.

    In the meantime you could try getting in touch with our Young People and Families Service to see if they can offer any advice email [email protected] and also we have a Helpline who are available Mon to Fri 9am to 6pm on 0800 5200 520, it might be worth giving them a call.

    I hope that you get some proper help soon.

    With best wishes

    Peter (moderator)

    Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

  • Nell88
    Nell88 Member Posts: 3

    Thank you Pete, I will get in touch with them 🤗