When I first started with physio and exercise to strengthen my knees I found it very hard at times to be motivated, particularly on a flare-up day.
What I've found very helpful to me is to build this into my daily routine and over the months this has become a habit and habits are hard to break.
However, 20 minutes of physio a day is a lot easier to accommodate than an hour's walk when I simply don't feel like getting out of bed. For those occasions I'll walk to a destination where I can reward myself with a "well done me" coffee and a slice of cake, or a Beer in a pub.
It would be great to read about other members' hints and tips to make everyday life more bearable and positive.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe