Feeling sorry for myself

Options
SueA
SueA Member Posts: 15

I had right TKR 9 weeks ago. When I saw my Consultant he said right hip would need doing in near future. When I saw my physio prior to hospital she thought hip should be done first. Now I am getting niggles in my back and groin. It could be my gait as was so used to walking with wonky knee and now straight. I feel fed up as gone through that knee pain, and looking forward to the future, but now feel as though I am getting nowhere.

Comments

• jonr
    jonr Member Posts: 398
    Options

Sorry to hear about this SueA, it must be so frustrating as well as dealing with the pain itself.

Having read your post, whilst I'm no medical expert of any kind, I am inclined to agree with you - it's a posture/gait thing. The reason I think this is because last Friday I was discussing this exact subject with my Acupuncturist who also suffered with the same issue a few years back. She was advised to see a Qi Gong instructor to have her posture assessed with a 1:1 session. The guy she saw told her how she should be standing and walking and to attend Qi Gong classes which she did. It took many months but she is now pain-free and there are other benefits from this Chinese art form (if that's what it's called). Other than that, it might make sense to see an Osteopath who may be able to help realign certain things and prescribe some exercises to do at home, that's possibly a quicker fix but it may prove to be painful.

Good luck,

Jon

• Wasabuilder
    Options

It's hard not to feel sorry for yourself most of the time, stuck in your home in pain. I find feeling weak and vulnerable the worst. You talk to the doctors (if you manage to get an appointment) and all they do is load you up with more and higher dosages of medication.

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,005
    Options

Hello @Wasabuilder and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

Sometimes you can feel a bit isolated by arthritis but you are among new friends now, and people who understand what you are going through. Our website has a lot of useful information on it about arthritis, treatments and Hints and Tips. You don't say how arthritis affects you, but I've put a couple of links in below which might be of help.

and

Please keep posting and let s know a bit more about yourself so that others with similar can connect and share their support and experience as well. Also we have a Helpline available Mon to Fri 9am to 6pm on 0800 5200 520 if you have any specific questions about arthritis.

Once again welcome to the Community,

Kind regards,

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm