Time to face reality

Options
Vronny
Vronny Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi to you all

Doing this and joining a group is helping me to face the reality of going through life with severe Osteo-arthritis. I've coped with trying but I am struggling immensely. Now it's time to tell my peers, friends as to why I keep cancelling on them, inform them what I'm dealing with and accept to myself that changes has to made straight away.

My anxiety and depression can be halved if I eliminate the pressure of voicing out! It would be so lovely to hear how you all are coping and what mechanisms you have in place to make life so much easier.

Thank you and try to enjoy the rest of the evening!

Comments

• jonr
    jonr Member Posts: 398
    Options

Welcome vronny, you're in good company here, perhaps if you'd be happy to pass on a few details of your condition and what medication/supplements you're taking we can help you better.

Thanks,

Jon

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,637
    edited 18. Apr 2023, 06:26
    Options

Good morning @Vronny

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis online community.

Well done deciding to take the plunge and meet our members, people who understand your situation and will be able to support you and share their own experience. I think you are very wise to share the fact that your have Osteoarthritis (OA) with your friends and family it should make life easier for you.

I see from your post that you are really after hearing from our members not me, but before I leave you I would just like to add this little link which I think is worth a read:

Now that you have introduced yourself please do look around and join in wherever you feel comfortable. Living with Arthritis is one of our more popular categories.

I look forward to reading your posts in future.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • JulieCharlt
    Options

Hi Vronny, I read your post and welled up! I thought it was just me. I'm sorry that you've been coping with this yourself and I'm hoping that going this group will help. I have OA, recently diagnosed and affects my lower spine and knees. It's almost not the physical symptoms that are the worst thing, the bit is that I can't get my head around having a condition that I will have forever, even if I learn to mange it well. I'm still in shock I think, and my moods get very low sometimes.

Best,

Julie

• Dannii28
    Dannii28 Member Posts: 65
    Options

Evening @JulieCharlt

Welcome to the Online Community Forum, so pleased you have found us, you will find there are lots of resources and information available to you, please feel free to have a look around the website.

I see that you have been recently diagnosed with Osteoarthritis, and it can be difficult to accept a life long condition.

I have attached a link below which may help, but know that you are not alone. Our helpline is available if you would like to reach out and talk to someone.

I would also suggest having a look around the other forums as there might be other members that are going through the same thing as you and be able to share their own advice and experiences.

Let us know how you get on

Dannii (mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm