Kiani Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hello

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,644
    Options

Hello @Kiani

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis Online Community here you will meet other people who have Arthritis and be able to ask questions and share experience to hopefully help with your own condition. If you feel comfortable letting us know which form of Arthritis you have it can help our members engage better with you.

While you wait for someone to come along and say hello I am going to attach a link to read which might be helpful:

Best wishes

Ellen.

• Dolphindolphin72
    Options

Hello

i am new to this site, I suffer with psoriatic arthritis and was diagnosed about 3 years ago. I have terrible pain in my back and neck which in affect radiates pain up the back of my head and causes headaches with dizziness, but the worst pain is in my back between my shoulder blades, doctors have tried me on several medications but nothing seems to work, my fingers swell by my knuckles, my ankles and my knees are the same and there isn’t a day I am not in pain. Can anyone offer any advice that may help the pain.

Best Wishes Amanda

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 763
    Options

Hello @Dolphindolphin72 welcome to the online community

You were diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis three years ago and wonder if any members have any advice about how they deal with their pain. Well, you have come to the right place we are a friendly group who offer each other support on all aspects of living with arthritis. Some of us use heat and cool pads to ease our pain, others have a TENS machine and like you many have tried different medications until they and their medical team find one which offers some relief.

I attach some links which I hope you will find helpful

https://www.versusarthritis.org/news/2021/october/new-stretching-videos-to-help-keep-moving-and-manage-your-arthritis/

We are all being encouraged to try to keep our muscles and joints as flexible and mobile as possible so I have included a link to our popular stretching videos which many of our members have found very useful. Start gently and be kind to yourself then gradually build up to greater mobility overtime.

We look forward to hearing from you soon

Take care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Dolphindolphin72
    Options

Hello

i am new to this site, I suffer with psoriatic arthritis and was diagnosed about 3 years ago. I have terrible pain in my back and neck which in affect radiates pain up the back of my head and causes headaches with dizziness, but the worst pain is in my back between my shoulder blades, doctors have tried me on several medications but nothing seems to work, my fingers swell by my knuckles, my ankles and my knees are the same and there isn’t a day I am not in pain. Can anyone offer any advice that may help the pain. I also have problems with my liver which I believe has been caused by the medications I have been on and off.

Amanda