Arthritis of the spine

Options
Criollo
Criollo Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Is it possible for pain from spinal arthritis to be referred to the chest and not felt in the spine?😯

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,460
    Options

@Criollo

What are you meaning? pain in the chest I hope you are meaning your breastbone and not anything more scary? I'm sure you've seen a Dr about it chest pain should always be investigated.

My back pain has always been felt in the spine sometimes down my legs and even in my feet.

Toni

• Essexnatt
    Essexnatt Member Posts: 2
    Options

Obviously all chest pain should be taken seriously and seek medical advice, my arthritis gave me bad chest pain and acid reflex I would say the acid reflex gave me the milder chest pains but the real bad chest pains (felt like my lungs were being crushed) were caused when my arthritis flared up in my spine. The pains were so bad that I had to go to A+E many times only to find out that there was nothing wrong with my heart or lungs, I always felt like I was wasting the hospitals time. Now I'm on treatment for my arthritis the regular chest pains have gone. Best of luck with your health 👍

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 798
    Options

Hi @Essexnatt

Welcome to the online community,great you are posting

it would be good if you could tell us about your journey with arthritis as we could help you more

Please continue to chat and enjoy the forum

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm