request for advice on recovery after "anterior" hip replacement technique
Two years ago, my surgeon performed the "posterior" hip replacement surgery method on my right hip. It was quite a long recovery, but it went well.
Next week, on April 27, my surgeon will be performing the "anterior" hip replacement surgery method on my left hip.
I have been told that the recovery is faster, the scar much smaller, and I have no restrictions of angles, etc..
I would be immensely grateful for any tips, advice, or the experience of others who have had "anterior" hip replacement surgery.
Thanking you in advance!
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe