24 years old and finally diagnosed!
My name is Christie, I am 24 years old and living in Essex.
I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis in January this year after suffering with extreme pain for over a year. It was a massive shock at first but I am slowly coming to terms with it, and starting to get used to taking medication every day! 😅
My main pains are in my ankles, heels and a few of my fingers so I havent been able to walk well in over a year which has been extremely difficult for me due to losing my job over it and having to quit hobbies I once enjoyed - but hoping the medication will start to make life easier!
Absolutely any advice would be amazing and also if there is any younger people suffering to talk to as many of my friends don't understand the feeling.
Thank you so much! 💗
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 669 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 220 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe