Hello, osteoarthritis in multiple joints

Options

Comments

• Bonniescottie
    Options

Hi I'm new here, I've had osteoarthritis of multiple joints since 2011, I had a full hysterectomy at 40 yrs of age (I believe this brought it all on) and had a double trapeziectomy several years back, my hands are bad, I've had wrist fusion left wrist and developed spinal stenosis awaiting surgery, but my biggest problem is my knees which are so swollen, I feel so fobbed off by gps and at my wits end to be honest, I've just had knee x rays awaiting results, but in my experience of x rays they don't show the extent of the arthritis, so I'm not holding out much hope, I try to stay active I have a dog and take her out regularly and take naproxen and paracetamol but the gp can't prescribe anything else and now I'm stuck in this painful no man's land of having to get on with it, I'm struggling so much often tearful and depressed and feel nobody cares, especially medical people, who don't want to know.

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,005
    Options

Hello @Bonniescottie and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

First of all apologies for moving your post but it is more likely to get people connecting with you in the Living With Arthritis category. I understand that you have osteoarthritis in multiple joints. I see that you have been prescribed naproxen and paracetamol. I have OA in my hands and got Capsaicin cream on prescription which provides some temporary relief. It is based on chillis.

I understand that this is also getting you down and suggest having a look at:

One good thing about joining the Community is that you are now among friends you don't know you have yet but likely been through similar and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their support and experience as well.

With best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm