Hello

Jashcroft_123
Jashcroft_123 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hello, I am new to the community awaiting Thr in 2 weeks for Avascular Necrosis and hoping for someone with similar diagnosis and experiences.

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 734

Hello @Jashcroft_123 welcome to the online community

You are awaiting a hip replacement caused by avascular necrosis and are wondering if any of our members have had a similar experience. As you might expect we are very familiar with joint replacements due to osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis conditions and hope that among our members there will be some who have had a similar causal condition as yours.

On the community information pages we have a number of links about THR and numerous threads from members describing their experiences leading up to and post operations some of which I attach. Everyone's recovery will be different however there are common themes which are helpful and which I hope will help you as well.

https://community.versusarthritis.org/discussion/55224/hip-replacement-tips#latest

We are all being encouraged to exercise to keep our muscles and joints as flexible and mobile as possible so I have included a link to the VA exercise programme for when you are ready.

We hope all goes well for you in two weeks and that you will stay in touch with us to let us know how you are getting on.

Best wishes

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 734

Hello again @Jashcroft_123

I have found a link to this group which you might find useful

www.avncharity.org.uk

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Hello Poppyjane

Sorry. I can’t see where to respond personally to your message. When I go to www.avncharity.org.uk it says this may be a false web sight and I should not click on it. Thank you for your help.