NHS Crutches surprise
After my knee replacement in February, I was given 2 sets of crutches one for top of stairs & one for the bottom, that never really worked out as I found I only needed one set.
Anyway, when I felt recovered enough to stop using them I assumed I would just hand them back for someone else to use. I was very surprised to be told they would just be destroyed as they could no longer be used by anyone. This is because someone had a fall whilst using crutches that were previously owned & now they cannot reuse them!
What a waste of money, can this really be the case across all the NHS Health Authorities? I wonder how much money it costs to give out brand new crutches for individual use only?
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 669 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 220 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe