Osteoarthritis

Options
Kayla
Kayla Member Posts: 12
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

I have osteoarthritis but reading apparently you don't get swelling with this but do with rheumatoid arthritis. Can someone confirm which one us true thank youb

Comments

• jonr
    jonr Member Posts: 398
    Options

Hi Kayla,

Swelling can occur with both, it's usually one of the 1st signs of Arthiritis, along with heat and sometimes itchiness. Best treated with ice packs and anti-inflammatories.

• Kayla
    Options

Thank you for the information, as very new to having the diagnosis I have been reading a lot but was getting mixed information, appreciate this. May explain my itchiness as well.

• jonr
    jonr Member Posts: 398
    Options

You're welcome Kayla, there's a great deal of information on the website to read up on, I found information about treatment and diet I formerly knew nothing about so very worthwhile taking a tour. If there's anything specific you're hoping for, please ask away and we'll do our best to help you.

All the best,

Jon

• Kayla
    Options

I have found just reading on here very helpful. And when I actually get to see a doctor as I had the diagnosis over the phone I will know more rather then you have osteoarthritis and get on with it, as sadly that is how health issues are dealt with nowadays. Many thanks for your help