Knee Replacement

Options
nannyhicks49
nannyhicks49 Member Posts: 27
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

I have got to see my surgeon tomorrow regarding my LKR as there is such a long waiting list I am going private. I stupidly joined some Facebook groups regarding knee replacement and so many negative comments have scared me and now I’m really anxious about getting it done. I know it’s difficult but I really need to get it done because I can barely walk, but the fear and anxiety is really taking over

Comments

• CarylW
    CarylW Member Posts: 274
    Options

Hello @nannyhicks49

It is natural that you are scared, and it's so easy to dwell on the negative comments you read. My experience is that if you do the exercises before and after surgery, and keep moving, it can be a very successful operation.

This information from our website may help:

Do talk to your surgeon about your anxiety and fears - and do let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Caryl

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Bets
    Bets Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi,

I had a TKR in October 2022 just do as the surgeon tells you, exercise is very important. Don’t be afraid honestly it is fine you will be well looked after and it’s nothing to be afraid of.

wishing you all the very best.

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 684
    Options

Hi @Bets and welcome to the forum.

Good to see that you’re already participating in a discussion.

Please do browse around and contribute to other conversations or perhaps start your own if you wish.

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• raphacondor
    raphacondor Member Posts: 21
    Options

Hi had TKR in February 2023. One thing to always remember never miss the physio exercises daily.The more you do equates to improved movement. Be patient, it can be Groundhog Day!