Hello, struggling with symptoms following chemotherapy
I'm struggling with daily pain in my finger joints, toes, elbows, neck and hips and chest weall. The pain moves around and is worse in the mornings when I wake up. I have difficulty opening jars, driving and often drop things due to pain and stiffness.
I finished 12 months of dose dense chemotherapy for breast cancer in July 2021 and my symptoms came on soon after, aged 47. Blood tests for RA have come back clear but I'm wondering if I might have either sero negative arthritis and/or fibromylagia. I feel a lot of heat in my joints, along with a flu like heaviness and unrefreshing sleep.
My specific question is, does anyone in this community have experience of arthritis following a chemo induced menopause please? I'm struggling mentally with all of this, on top of the cancer diagnoses and fear of recurrence.
Thank you so much for reading!
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe