Hydroxychloroquine and side effects
I was diagnosed with PsA (psioratic arthritis) after a bout of viral bronchitis in September 2022 & a subsequent high dose of cortisone. This was a shock, as although I have had two small patches of psiorasis on my elbows, I have never had a huge dose of that.
I have been taking 200mg of hydroxychloroquine daily as a trial for two months. The arthritis pain in my wrists & thumbs is minimal, BUT I have ongoing hair loss, which is distressing! I have another month to go until effective control of PsA is evaluated.
Anyone who is taking hydroxychloroquine I would love to hear from regarding side effects of this drug. Has anyone had hair loss? Did your hair recover eventually?
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 669 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 220 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe