Pain diary?

Options

Hi All, I just wondered if anyone used a pain diary and would recommend a certain one? I'm thinking about getting one so I can track my symptoms, medication etc. I've got Fibromyalgia so sometimes I get Brain fog because I'm stressed about going to the doctors and being taken seriously (If that make sense?) I spend so long stressing about upcoming appointments that it kicks in and I struggle to remember what it is that I need to tell him.

I figured that a nice looking diary might make me more motivated and invested to actually use it rather than it just becoming something I start and then literally forget about (Brain fog again!)

I wanted to have an idea about what triggers my arthritis and Fibro pain.

Comments

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 711
    Options

Hi @Ederner

When I was working I kept a daily diary as I did a lot of travelling accruing expenses that I needed charge my company. When I retired I gave up keeping a diary but when PsA hit in 2020 I started keeping one again. I was on so many drugs and pain killers that to be honest much of 2021 is lost to me other than what's in my diary. I log all my appointments and medication but I also log my symptoms. There's nothing worse than a medic asking when a particular problem began and not being able to pinpoint that. So I'd say for me a diary is a must.

• Fran54
    Fran54 Member Posts: 182
    Options

Hi @Ederner

I tend to keep an everyday diary and write in any significant changes/symptoms to my Osteoarthritis and whether it has been a good day or bad. Personally it helps me especially if I have to talk to my doctor or physio about any problems as I would never be able to remember everything. I diary is a definite must for me as well.

Take care.

• Kazkan1102
    Options

I don’t keep a diary but thinking about starting one as my pain has increased lately and can struggle to remember some days when it is bad to tell doctor so think a diary would help

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 524
    Options

You don't need a specific diary, just pick up a nice notebook that is easily identifiable for you and write as much or as little as you need to each day. Don't forget to date the entries

Love n hugs

Trish xx