Newly diagnosed osteoarthritis
I was diagnosed with arthritis in my hands yesterday which has knocked me for six!
I have been expecting it since a teen in my knees after several major ops due to hyper mobility, knew shoulders were going too but hands I was not expecting.
I am a long term user of crutches as my ops as a teen triggered crps in both legs, my main question is are there any others that use crutches with hand problems, any advice to help keep hands mobile? Without my hands I cant even get out of a chair…
I am good at adapting as I have done it for 30 years with the crps but this has my mind boggled.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 669 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 220 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe