Hi Gang. Well things have moved up a gear. Spent a few good hours at the hospital rheumatology department yesterday. Providing my blood work comes back ok, will be starting on Methotrexate.
I have been given steroids which I start tomorrow. (Picked up my wayward prescriptions today don’t ask lol.) rheumatologist did some more ultrasounds of my hands and feet, and has noted some significant changes. I am smack bang in the middle of a flare up. The pain has been intense at times. Thank you all for your kind words last few days. I will also be interested in any great tips for keeping side effects to a minimum.I am really hoping you are right stickywicket and I am about to embark on a better path. Meanwhile I know the steroids will ease the pain considerably.
I really hope third time lucky with the meds.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 675 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 14 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 334 Chat and News
- 30 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe