Care allowance.


My husband has prostate cancer, is diabetic and other problems. A Macmillan nurse has recently helped us fill in the forms for independant living allowance. She thinks we should be able to claim this. We hadn't realised we would qualify. I also have arthritis. I have had one hip replaced and the other is classed as "moderate". I have it in my wrists and possibly knees. There are things that my husband helps me with and some I help him. If he is granted the allowance am I allowed to claim too? And if so where would I go for help with the forms please? Thank you