Knee replacement

Options
nannyhicks49
nannyhicks49 Member Posts: 27
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

I’m having a knee replacement soon, some days I feel good and want to get on with it and have no worries but today I’m scared and feel I can’t go through with it

Comments

• Bettyboo22
    Bettyboo22 Member Posts: 23
    Options

Hi @nannyhicks49

Being apprehensive is normal, have you read up on the before and after of surgery to try and prepare you? There are also some great exercises which help the recovery.

Knee replacement surgery | Treatment options | Versus Arthritis

Let's Move for Surgery Toolkit | Versus Arthritis

I've heard so many great things about the surgeries and how people have got their lives back, my mum being one of them.

Hope it all goes well

Betty

• Lorraine_24
    Lorraine_24 Member Posts: 32
    Options

Hello @nannyhicks49 @nannyhicks49 I know exactly how your feeling, I have my first hip surgery in 3 weeks and second one 4 weeks later, as time goes by so quickly and date for surgery getting closer I'm absolutely petrified but I know I have to have it done and can't carry on the way I am unable to walk or do anything, I think it's normal to feel this way and I know as the day draws closer I'll be a bag of nerves , but I just keep thinking about how desperate I am to ge back to a normal life and actually live, good luck with your surgery

Lorraine