End the 8am scramble': Govt plans booking changes. Does your gp offer online requests?
Excerpt from ITV news:
POLITICS Mon, 08 May 2023
End the 8am scramble': GP booking systems to be overhauled under new plans
Patients will be able to contact their GPs for an appointment more easily under government proposals to improve access to primary care. The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) said practices will be handed £240 million this year to introduce online booking tools and upgrade telephone systems, as ministers aim to end the "8am scramble" of patients ringing surgeries for a slot. Follow us on Apple News More receptionists will be trained, with their role expanded so they can asses patients’ needs and speed up the booking process.
— Ours has an email requesting system not particularly sophisticated but it avoids the phone scramble. Does yours offer something similar or better?
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 669 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 220 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe