Where to go for help?

Janblu Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

in the last few years I have had joint problems with my right hand, but now in the last week I have really painful hips on rising from the chair and am walking with a limp. What is the best course of action to take?


  • CarylW
    CarylW Moderator Posts: 233

    Hello @Janblu

    I am glad you have reached our online community. We are a friendly and supportive group who will offer you advice and help, often from our own experience.

    I understand that you have had problems with the joints in your hand and in the last week your hips are painful. It's important that you seek help from a doctor to establish what is causing the pain, as not all joint pain is arthritis, and there are different types of arthritis.

    I am attaching some information on managing pain and pain in the hips from our website to read in the meantime:

    Do let us know how you get on and keep posting. We will try to help you!

    Best wishes


    Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,032

    In your shoes as you have recently noticed a new pain and it's your hips I would see if you can self refer to a physio. A lot of us can via our GP surgery.

    You could also go to see your GP to try to get a diagnosis. If you do this I would suggest taking someone with you for support who you trust. Less easy for the Dr ti fob you off then😉

    Best of luck and let us know how you get on

    Toni x