My dear friend is 55 and trying to work and live with OA hips. He needs to loose weight to have hip replacements but can’t loose weight as he can’t walk. He does have Pip/blue badge but is expected to climb stairs at work, no disabled parking spot.
He can’t take strong pain relief due to having to drive and side effects.
I am trying to support him as best as I can.
Is there any advice how his life can be better without the surgery or pain relief ?
is there anything else I can do for him?
thank you for your time.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 669 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 220 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe