Hip braces

Options

Hi All - I have painful hip pain and after waiting 12 months for surgery it looks like they don’t want to replace because of a heart attack 20 years ago and mild angina.

If I have to live with this are hip braces any help if so which ones?

Thank you

Tony

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

Hello @tonytiger2432 and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have have a painful hip and waiting for surgery but you may not get a hip replacement because of your heart attack 20 years ago and angina. That is a shame, and I see you are looking at supports to aid you. Hopefully some of the members on here will be able to help with types of hip brace, but in the meantime have look through the following from our website which I hope may be of some help.

and

I do hope that you find something that helps to lessen the pain. Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on.

With very best wishes,

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options

I'm sorry to hear this. My husband just got his two hip replacements in before his diagnosis of heart failure. I know we had someone on here a month or several back with a similar problem. In your situation I'd be looking for the best advice and I think that would come from a physio. Why not ask your GP to refer you?

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright