Pain

Options

I have right hip arthritis and I am now suffering with foot pain in both feet burning and itchy at times anybody know why

Comments

• jonr
    jonr Member Posts: 398
    Options

Hi @slea,

The burning and itchiness sounds like classic Arthritis symptoms, usually as a result of swelling around the affected joints, etc.

Best way to deal with it is to reduce the inflammation via medication (such as Ibuprofen or stronger, prescribed drugs such as Naproxen) but for immediate relief, many sufferers turn to cold compresses such as ice packs or a bag of peas which will reduce the swelling, cool the skin and reduce itching.

Hope this helps!

Jon

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi @slea

Thank you for posting on the Online Community. I am sorry to hear about the arthritis in your hip and the pain and other symptoms you are experiencing in your feet. I hope you find Jon’s response helpful. Pain can drag you down and affect daily activities. There are things you can do to help manage your condition.

It sounds as if it would be good to go back to your GP to talk things through further, review your pain medication and explore treatment options. Capsaicin cream on prescription may help your hip pain. You could also try a heat pack. The right kind of exercise a little and often, pacing yourself, and balancing activity with rest may all help to make a difference to how you feel. More suitable footwear and, sometimes insoles, may help too. Eating a healthy balanced diet and keeping a healthy weight will help to put less strain on your joints. Referral to physiotherapy and podiatry may be worth considering.

I hope the information given below will be of some help. 

If you would like to have more replies to your post, you are welcome to repost on our 'living with arthritis' forum which is another source of support to ask questions and share experiences with others living with arthritis facing similar challenges.

Best wishes,

Fiona, Helpline Advisor