Climbing up steps
Suddenly I can climb up stairs again.
I was going to the gym and all I could do was tone up on the leg press once a week, but at least it was better than shuffling around. I was rather hoping to do some cycling but I saw on the Nuffield gym notice board, in the wellbeing bracket, that climbing some stairs was a good idea.
About two weeks ago I fitted some air cushion work shoes and found I could walk further without pain and obtain a more sure footing.
So after months of using a lift I looked up those stairs and thought here we go. I planted my foot on the first step and up we went. I went from 90 reps in the gym on Friday, to 4 floors of stairs a day.
Reaching the top for the first time was that sort of mountain climber experience and has not particularly worn off yet.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 671 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe