Psoriatic Arthritis/Peripheral Neuropathy/coronary artery disease

Options
Juju
Juju Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hello I am Julie, I’m 55 & been in agony for years and years but just being diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. I have been put in Otezla. I developed peripheral neuropathy of both feet and hands mildly three years ago but it’s quite awful now and very painful. At the same time I was suffering severe angina attacks and have coronary artery disease. It’s all a little overwhelming at the moment. I don’t know what to do and find myself sitting in pyjamas a little down at the moment. I’ve always been very active and hands on but no longer. I miss that Julie. I’m in agony from my feet to my neck. My fingers are twisting and in pain. My pelvis aches and my collar bones and shoulders well don’t get me started. I tried methotrexate but collapsed on it three times. Then I had giant cell last year and went on Prednisolone and had a moon face and my hair fell out. But off those now. It’s been a tough year and I don’t know where to start. Has anyone experienced these health issues alongside psoriatic arthritis. How do you all cope mentally and physically x

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 799
    edited 15. May 2023, 18:20
    Options

Hi @Juju

Welcome to the online community,its great you are asking questions and looking for support and seeking answers.

The forums are there for you to chat out your problems with others who are going through similar issues like you. Everyone is very supportive and understanding and will give good advice when asked by any individual.

You write that you have just been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis and would like to know if any one has suffered like you on medication and how we all cope mentally and physically

firstly We all have each others support and friendly chat to help us along with any difficultys. You seem to have had adverse effects to most things and have gone through quite a lot in recently.

Here are a few links that may help

hope these links help in some way,please keep in touch and tell us how you get on and do go onto our forums and chat to others

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,481
    Options

Oh gosh Julie😯 @Juju

You do have so much to cope with.

No wonder you feel low at times.

Most of us do not just have one condition yes. Either some sort of inflammatory arthritis and then osteoarthritis too caused by joint damage. Some have diabetes and others fibromyalgia and other conditions, but many, many of us do suffer with our mental health.

Living with any long term condition (personally l think especially anything painful) is just so dispiriting.

Would you think about joining any of the Versus Arthritis groups? I found my local one using this:

They sometimes do courses to help us manage our pain. Distraction helps as does one of @stickywicket 's tricks. If she lost the ability to do one thing she found something else she could do.

Keeping talking helps too and this is a really good place to do that so I hope you'll decide to hang around and join us in the long term.

Take care

Toni x