When will we get live in home assistants šŸ¤­šŸ˜‰ like this

Options
Arthuritis
Arthuritis Member Posts: 444
edited 17. May 2023, 13:45 in Living with arthritis

to help with house workā€¦ home nursing cooking gardening, heavy lifting of furniture and help us get aroundā€¦ like thisā€¦ for as long as we need with no judgement or resentment however long we need them forā€¦ ā˜ŗļø

And unlike Daleksā€¦ can carry you up stairs!

Like all tech, costs drop rapidly. Your smartphone phone bought in the last 7 years, is 10 times faster than NASAā€™s Cray Supercomputer used to design the thrust nozzles of the space shuttle in the 80s. And that computer cost $12 million each.

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,005
    Options

If only ... technology advances so fast though that it is only a case of time and raw materials

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options

Nooooooo!!!!!

@Arthuritis how could you do this to me?

I am absolutely terrified of them they are worse than daleks they can do stairs and get me!!!!

Nope nope stop all this terrifying AI stuffšŸ˜®šŸ˜

Toni

• Arthuritis
    edited 8. Jun 2023, 19:39
    Options

@frogmorton šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£oh this is the military version, you know how it is, the war mongery has the money to do all the research firstā€¦ and then the cute AI Robots come afterā€¦ Remember that Channel 4 series Humans, starring Gemma Chan?

But you know the ā€˜droid will have no arrogance, ego or be judgemental in anyway! ā˜ŗļø

Or Rachel the Android from Blade Runnerā€¦

But if you donā€™t want it coming up the stairs just turn off the WiFi! šŸ˜‚

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options

The dangerous ones will invent their own wifi or have mobile (and I mean mobile!) data

I just know they will.

I'm going to talk my kids out of having kids......šŸ˜®

• Arthuritis
    Options

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜…šŸ˜…@frogmorton Weā€™ll just have to make sure you are chairing the robo-droid ethics & niceness committee!!

Watch Star Trek The Next Generation

with Patrick Stewart the. Shakespearean actor playing the lead with a robotic character playing a future android ā€¦ it will re-assure you fully! Itā€™s the series after Kirk, like many childrenā€™s programs itā€™s well written for kids, but only the adults get the umm more mature jokes! Like Animal Farm. Which wasnā€™t about talking animals!

ST showed how medicine should work, how the UN & politicians should behave etcā€¦ funny & serious at the same time !