Overwhelmed

Options
glynis86
glynis86 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hello

I find myself getting overwhelmed by all of the information about what can help with arthritis, so I end up doing nothing except taking painkillers that don't help! I saw this community on Facebook and I'm hoping I can find somewhere to start from all the wonderful posts on here.

Glynis

Comments

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 711
    Options

Hi @glynis86

I think many people on this forum can empathise with you feeling overwhelmed - I certainly can. Being diagnosed with a chronic condition isn't something I'd wish on anyone. What I can say is that since my psoriatic arthritis kicked in in September 2020 and going through a really hard year afterwards, now with the right treatment I'm able to concentrate on what I can do and not on what I can't.

You don't say what type of arthritis you have - I was shocked to learn there's more than one hundred types as well as more than one hundred types of autoimmune disease and some encompass both.

If there's any advice I'd give is don't be a passenger in your health journey. I've certainly toughened up in my dealings with my GP and hospital departments. I've found it easier to write down my questions in advance of appointments with medics and ask for a second opinion - or change of doctor - if required.

You will get a lot of sound advice here - I know I've had - on everything from kitchen aids to drug side effects so don't be afraid to ask.

• glynis86
    glynis86 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thank you. I don't have a diagnosis yet. I had scans in February to see if it is OA or RA, and I am still fighting to Get the results! I've been advised today to contact PALs about it, particularly as the rheumatology receptionist told me the results are there on the system but the consultant hasn't looked at them yet 😞