Delayed appointment

Options

I have osteoarthritis in my right foot. I had a second steroid injection back in November which didn’t work and was due to have a check up consultation in March. Unfortunately my appointment was cancelled due to the doctors strike which I fully support but incredibly frustrating!. I’m still waiting for it to be rescheduled!

The pain is getting worse and I’m trying to find something to help me as it’s beginning to drag me down mentally. Has anyone used a brace support that has helped ease the pain? I’m loath to spend money on something that just doesn’t help with the pain! Any recommendations? TIA

Comments

• Baloo
    Baloo Member Posts: 397
    edited 21. May 2023, 22:16
    Options

@Kaz18 it depends what you think is causing the pain. For me, the pain is worse if I have been walking. Mechanically the joint cannot take as much weight any more and depending how heavy you are, when you put your foot down thump, it goes over the safe working load. Think about trying some air cushion work shoes or similar.

Don't wear a back pack, pull a wheely bag. Lose weight. Always find a seat when travelling.

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 522
    Options

Hi @Kaz18

If I were you I would be phoning the appointments line and asking if they can give you your new appointment.

Sometimes a phone call is all it takes - it's something I always do if my appointment doesn't come through when I expect it to. They can't always give you one when you ring but it sometimes helps.

Love n hugs

Trish xx

• Kaz18
    Kaz18 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Thanks Trish, I have already rung them as I was worried I’d slipped off the list, they said I’m definitely still on the list but they were struggling to find clinic space for the cancelled appointments! 🙄 I will be ringing them again and will keep on at them!