Diagnosed yesterday with psoriatic arthritis yesterday

Options
Carole54
Carole54 Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to learn as much as I can about PsA…..and at this moment feeling scared and alone.

I got the diagnosis yesterday - not that it came as a surprise. I’ve known for many months that’s what it was (Dr Google didn’t let me down). But it’s still a shock.

Comments

• Dannii28
    Dannii28 Member Posts: 65
    Options

Hi @Carole54 ,

Welcome to the Online Community Forum. You will find lots of support here and lots of really helpful and supportive people who will be more than willing to help you with advice etc

I can see you have been recently diagnosed with PsA and are feeling scared and alone but please do have a chat in any of the discussions as you will find people who no doubt felt exactly the same and will be able to offer you the support you need. I have popped a link below with some details regarding PsA, which may help you get started:

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on

Dannii (mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• JacquelineMarie
    Options

Hi

I got my diagnosis a few weeks ago, so I know how you must be feeling. It's a bit scary! I try not to think about what could happen, but how I'm going to get through today and I'm going to try and not let it best me yet! I do Pilates and yoga to help with the pain and I'm just waiting on my bloods and if they are ok I can take Ciclosporin. Have they given you anything to take yet? I had a steroid injection in my hip and it really helped to get me moving and with the pain which is why I can (hopefully it will work) I can take Ciclosporin. (The arthritis is in most of my joints spines hips knees shoulders ankle fingers, feet etc). I also use arnica cream and arnica and wintergreen I find this takes some of the ache away (I can't use antii-nflammatories.). Hope this helps. You're not alone.

• Coka
    Coka Member Posts: 11
    Options

Hi, newly diagnosed too! I’ve had 1 dose of Methotrexate so far, hoping it works for me. Was a shock to me too and like you I’m trying to navigate all the information. Mine is in my shoulders, wrist and elbow and extremely debilitating. Great to have found a group like this. Hope it gives you some support. Good luck in the next weeks.