Severe osteoarthritis thumbs
So what I had hoped was a side effect of renal cancer which I am awaiting an operation for turns out to be. "Severe osteoarthritis in the base of both thumbs.'"
Bit of a blow as I am a self employed carpenter, though at the moment not able to work because of the cancer and the pain in my hands.
Not been the best year so far 😂
Anyway I wondered if anyone else had the same diagnosis and if they found anything to help.
I had been wearing thumb spica wrist braces, but I am not sure if they are a good idea, I don't want my joints to sieze up and I find them uncomfortable.
My work and all of my hobbies (sea and lure fishing, restoring motorcycles) require hand strength and dexterity so I am very worried
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe