Knee replacement

Options
nannyhicks49
nannyhicks49 Member Posts: 27
edited 25. May 2023, 10:04 in Living with arthritis

I’m having my knee replacement in June and wondered what clothes to take when I go in, also does a spinal affect your bladder

Comments

• Louisa77
    Louisa77 Administrator Posts: 250
    edited 25. May 2023, 10:18
    Options

Hi @nannyhicks49

Hope the surgery goes well for you 😃

Here is some useful info about the surgery with info on preparing, the surgery its self Knee replacement surgery | Treatment options | Versus Arthritis.

My mum was told to take a dress or shorts easy to put on as the knee will be bandaged and swollen so you won't be able to get on a standard pair of trousers/jeans etc.

The hospital generally have a number for you to call if you have any questions ahead of the surgery.

Here are some other discussions you might find useful and maybe you could reach out to some of the members, knee replacement — Versus Arthritis

All the best

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Aallyann
    Aallyann Member Posts: 31
    Options

I had a knee arthroscopy today and the lady in the bed next to me was with me while we were waiting for our ops and then after them on the ward. She had a hip replacement and a spinal tap. She wet the bed twice when we were back on the ward so you might want to pack some pads. She couldn’t feel the bottom half of her body. But really the staff were so fab and nobody batted an eyelid so I wouldn’t worry about it either way. Also they said it was better to recover from. I had a general anaesthetic as I needed knocking out from all the stress. That lady looked amazingly better at walking immediately! Made me think joint replacements are so brilliant. Good luck and go for it!