tibia fracture during knee replacement surgery - has anyone experienced this?
I had partial knee replacement on 18th April. During surgery my tibia split and was pinned. This has meant I have been non weightbaring for the last 6 weeks.
NHS waiting lists mean that my extra 2 week post op check is not happening until this week.
I know this is really rare risk (less than 1%) but did anyone experience this same? I am doing all the non weight baring exercises I can and being supported by a lovely physio but she can't get me to do the next step until the hospital clear me. I am conscious that I am 6 weeks behind in using my knee and a positive story from another will help me.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 675 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 14 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 334 Chat and News
- 30 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe