First time here...

Options
J9_
J9_ Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi my new family of Friends. Just joined but a bit shy (don't get used to it though). I am 62 I have RA and Ost. So glad I found each and everyone here.

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 763
    Options

Hello @J9_ welcome to the online community

It is good to hear from you, some of us on here start off shy until we find our way round and make some friends. So I hope it won't be long before you feel comfortable joining in . We are a peer support group and available to you and your family and friends . There are lots of discussions and activities for you to join so do browse round the site when you get a chance.

You mention you have both RA and OA so I attach a couple of links which I hope you will find helpful.

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/rheumatoid-arthritis/

We are all being encouraged to exercise our muscles and joints to keep them as flexible as possible so since you have not mentioned which of your joints are affected, I have sent a generic list for you to dip into.

We are glad you found us and look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Take care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Fiona123
    Fiona123 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi

im new on here today aswel I’m 60 years old and have RA I’ve been on methotrexate injections for the past 2 weeks but I’m a complete Luddite so I don’t know if I’m navigating this website as I should😬

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,633
    Options

Welcome @Fiona123 (apologies to you @J9_ for the hijack just wanted to welcome Fiona)to the online Community.

A complete Luddite?! Definitely not! You have done a great first post in exactly the right place joining a thread with someone in a similar position to yourself😊

I see you also have RA and have just started Methotrexate (MTX) in injection form. I wonder whether this search I did might be of interest to you?

A top tip if you wanted to start your own thread is find the category you think is most appropriate (Living with arthritis is probably a good bet) click on the blue 'New Discussion' icon and you're in! Give your post a good title to attract people who might have the same issue/experience and go for it.

I look forward to seeing more of your posts in future.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options

👋@Fiona123

Welcome to the forum from me too😊

Hope your MTX does help you.

Take care

Toni x