Advice on buy appliances

Options

Ive just started to do the garden for the summer. I’ve been unable to replace the cartridge in my strimmer for the first time in my life due to hand pain and loss of strength. I guess I want to know if there’s somewhere that reviews products and scores them for being arthritis friendly? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options

Plenty of product reviews online. Amazon alone do loads but, for a strimmer being arthritic hands friendly? I doubt it.

Have you a kind neighbour who would help out? We do have to get used to asking for such things. I'm lucky. I have Mr SW on hand and family who visit regularly. I do recall @lindalegs1 once saying she regularly collared her lovely postman to ask him to open eg bleach bottles. Most people are really kind and helpful.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 542
    Options

Hi @Chrisfassoms

I can't help with strimmers but I have had problems with my hands for a long time.

I've always found that wearing rubber gloves helps my hands with gripping things and for reaching things on shelves I have a pair of reallly long bbq tongs that give a vertically challenged me the ability to reach things without standing, or trying to stand, on stools, steps or chairs. The other aid I use for my hands is one of those washing up brushes with the sponge/scourer on, remove the scourer and you have a handy aid for applying cream to those difficult to reach places. 😀

love n hugs

Trish xx

• Louisa77
    Louisa77 Administrator Posts: 252
    Options

Hi @Chrisfassoms

Try Living made Easy - DLF. DLF main site is:  http://www.dlf.org.uk/node  They are an Independent charity that check all products that they recommend.  askSARA tool:  http://asksara.dlf.org.uk/?auth=sara5 

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options

That looks to be a really useful site. Thanks @Louisa77 . I shall make a note of it.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • silverduchess
    Options

My husband has a Gtech rechargable strimmer. It has a plastic sort of tag that spins around to strim, easy to replace.